Re: Ross boot prom chip wanted

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Hartwig Atrops wrote:

Never heard about special Ross proms, but this might explain some problems
with my Ross 120 dual machine (showing up after inserting the 2nd CPU).

To find out if my problems are Linux or hardware based I bought a Ross dual
150 equipped Sparcstation 20 at eBay. It arrived two days ago.

I just checked the ROM version: 2.25

What would the special Ross prom report? 2.25 or 2.25r?

I believe that 2.25 is the last prom released by Sun, at least according to [0]. The only note there is "adds 150MHz HyperSparc support", so I have no idea whether it should work in your situation. 2.25r is the Ross-specific version, probably required for higher frequency CPUs.

[0] http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SS10/PROM_BootPROM_Sun4m.html

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org