Re: Sparc requalification for Etch

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 14:22:50 -0400, Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
wrote:

> The page exists at
> http://wiki.debian.org/sparcEtchReleaseRecertification
>
> Someone should fill it in.

I note that it only lists 89 sites using Debian-SPARC.

How do we go about adding our own sites to it?

We run it ourselves on quite a few servers (Fire v210, etc.), and
want to migrate our remaining SUN boxen to Debian, but we have obvious
concerns about the level of support for the arch.  I even run it at
home on my SS5.

As long as we know the arch is not gonna go away, and will remain
supported, it will be a lot easier to get more people using it.  At the
moment, I feel that many people are being put off by the existing
issues with the port.  At the moment, installing Debian on a v210 is
painful.

Regards,
Ozz.