Booting Ultra 5 from external SCSI

Hi Debians,

my system is an ultra 5 with a 360 MHz CPU and 512 MB RAM.
Getting frequent ide resets (specially under load) from the builtin ide drive/controller I'd like to use my external SCSI disk as boot and root device. SCSI adaptor and disk have been initially used under Solaris (5.8 and 5.9) and therefore are known to be OBP aware.

Is anybody running such a configuration ?

If so, are there any special requirements concerning the

   * disk partitioning
   * openprom settings
   * silo configuration

The FAQs I've found a more related to the older (sbus) systems though the hardware of the ultra 5 is more 'pc-like'.

THNX, Roger
begin:vcard
fn:Dr. Roger Zimmermann
n:Zimmermann;Dr. Roger
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Zentrum f=C3=BCr exp. Medizin;Institut f=C3=BCr Neuro- und Pathophysiologie
adr;quoted-printable:;;Martinistra=C3=9Fe 52;Hamburg;;20246;Germany
email;internet:R.Zimmermann@UKE.Uni-Hamburg.de
tel;work:..49 (0)40 42803 5351
tel;fax:..49 (0)40 42803 7255
x-mozilla-html:FALSE