Re: Sarge may be last Debian release for 32 bit sparc systems

In article <[🔎] 200507251934.02723.martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>
martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar writes:
>Please tell me if there is something else in debian with 64bit support. AFAIK
>the kernel is the only 64bit binary. Not even gcc is 64 bit.

strace, gdb, and a few others.  Several libraries.  gcc supports
compiling 64-bit binaries, and all the toolchain supports creating
them.

>The question I have now is: If everything, except the kernel is 32 bit, what
>is it that's going to be dropped?

Without a working kernel, what do you expect?

Installing and upgrading such systems is what I expect to break first.

The real thing being dropped is the expectation that things have been
tested and will work.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html