Re: Sound config?

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, [iso-8859-1] Martín Marqués wrote:

Don't mean to intrude (but anyway I am :-D), but will alsa be able to detect
my cs4231 soundcard (at least thats the OSS module I loaded to hear)?

Is there a way to autodetect the card? discover doesn't find it.

If you know what's the proper driver for your card, but it is not loaded by discover1, you should submit a (wishlist) bug against discover1-data, including the name of the modules which needs to be loaded (for 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, if the names differ), and the fragments of the 'prtconf -v' output on your machine, relevant for the sound card. prtconf is in the sparc-utils package.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org