Re: Weird things regarding Xfree and Creator 3d (or why don't Imanage to get Xvideo and DRI working)

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 11:44 +0200, Christian Tusche wrote:
> > > DRI has been disabled in current xfree86 for creator3d, IIRC.
> >
> > That's correct.  In order to support XAA and the modern font
> > rendering stuff correctly, DRI support had to get turned off
> > on sunffb.
>
> I had the same problem with a Creator3D in an Ultra60. Do you know if there
> is any way to turn on the DRI support again? I was looking through the
> changelog of the xfree package but found nothing about changes in DRI, and
> the documentaiton on the Xfree86 site stated it works (is this a debian
> specific change?).
> So, is there an option to the sunffb module or some other trick to enable
> it? The necesary dri driver ffb_dri.so and the kernel modul is installed,
> at least.

Not really.  It's disabled in the source for sunffb by
#if 0
<DRI stuff>
#endif

So, the "trick" would be to read the source and revert to the original
conditionals.  You'ld be on your own at that point, though.

Perhaps easier would be just to use an older version of sunffb; except
for the changes for XAA, it hardly ever (i.e. never) changes otherwise.

--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@gentoo.org>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)