Re: 2.6.12 testers wanted

Jean Robertson wrote:

I downloaded it and installed it on a home ultra5.
me too ... (Linux-2.6.12, Hardware: Ultra 5/360MHz/512MB)

This is what happened to me:

- the console keyboard works fine.

- I have a added USB card, and this works well.
confirmed (for usb storage/cardreader/embedded device)

- I can plug in a USB audio device, look at the logs and notice that the
 kernel has seen it, but it does not create a /dev/dsp1 for me, as I
 have seen on a debian AMD k6 machine
similar, my USB-sound-device (Maudio Transit USB) is recognized.
Next the firmware is successfully downloaded and the device shows up in /proc/asound. Trying to use it for playing or recording doesn't work - presumably due to errors in/with ioctl32() calls. It works under Intel P3 with the similar configuration though ...

*** Additionally ***
The parallel port isn't recognized (no /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/...) to connect a printer. (same as in

I can easily crash the system by moving the mouse ---> OOPS :-(
(Sun5 keyboard with connected mouse ...)
That's different to !

HTH, Roger

(I'll soon try 2.6.13-rc3-git4 due to its patched parport driver !)
fn:Dr. Roger Zimmermann
n:Zimmermann;Dr. Roger
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Zentrum f=C3=BCr exp. Medizin;Institut f=C3=BCr Neuro- und Pathophysiologie
adr;quoted-printable:;;Martinistra=C3=9Fe 52;Hamburg;;20246;Germany
tel;work:..49 (0)40 42803 5351
tel;fax:..49 (0)40 42803 7255