Re: 2.6.12 testers wanted
I downloaded it and installed it on a home ultra5.
This is what happened to me:
- the console keyboard works fine.
- I still have to change the XFree86 setup with a "dpkg-reconfigure"
- sound works, but badly. I can get some kind of sound out of the box,
but it is clipped, has really annoying hisses and pops.
- I have a added USB card, and this works well.
- I am finally able to print with a USB printer (HP psc 1315)
which I cannot do with the 2.4.27-2 kernel
- I can use a recently built CD-burner DVD-reader (April 2005) that
did not work with the 2.4.27-2 kernel
- I can plug in a USB audio device, look at the logs and notice that the
kernel has seen it, but it does not create a /dev/dsp1 for me, as I
have seen on a debian AMD k6 machine
Thanks for the oppotunity to test it!
Jean Robertson, McGill University (514) 398-8117