Re: partitioning for dual boot

> > Probably the obvious answer, but Solaris and Sarge on separate drives ?
>
> Sorry, no -- the system disk.  It would be a pain to use an external
> scsi drive on the systems of interest, but openboot doesn't seem happy
> with that anyway, either on ultra 5+scsi card or v210.  (Is that
> really the case, or am I doing something wrong?)
If OpenBoot is aware of the controller that the external disk is
attached to you should be able to boot off it with the right
incantation.  Awareness requires OpenBoot drivers for the device and /
or OpenBoot firmware on the card.  Thus, althought Linux can use generic
PCI SCSI / graphics / USB / ATA cards, getting the machine to boot off
them may be much harder.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin