RE: Debian on Sparc 4 - woody to sarge - more progress

Title: Message
Hi All,

Well, the sunlance addition to the modules.conf worked like a charm and I now see my interface card and can get on my network.  Unfortunately I still have the boot problem.

I think this is related to my silo.conf but have tried the following with no luck: -

First attempt: -

root=/dev/sda1
partition=1
default=Linux
timeout=100
read-only

image=1/vmlinuz
         label=linux
         initrd=initrd.img

image=1/vmlinuz.old
         label=linux
------------------------------

Second attempt: -

root=/dev/sda1
partition=1
default=Linux
timeout=100
read-only

image=/vmlinuz
         label=linux
         initrd=initrd.img

image=/vmlinuz.old
         label=linux
The reason for trying without the 1 in the image line was because I thought the 'partition=1' was perhaps making it read image=1/1/vmlinuz

I also tried moving the file to the boot directory and doing a silo -C /boot/silo.conf, but that didn't work either.

This _could_ be my last hurdle to finishing off the kernel upgrade and move to sarge on my SPARC4.  I should really do this on my P3 as well, but may take a bit of time off :-)

Thanks for your help all,

Steve