Re: netra LOM serial port

AFAIK the LOM isn't OS dependent.. it's simply a small cpu that sits
between Serial A and the console "port" on the motherboard.  When you send
the magic sequence (usually #. but this can be reconfigured) Serial A
switches from the system console to the LOM processor.

If you can get hold of a standard cisco (rolled) console cable and a
matching DB9 convertor (make sure it's DTE not DCE) then you shouldn't
have a problem.  I would guess that your cabling is wrong as you should at
least get the system console output.

My Netra T1/105 is running fine with Woody and the LOM is very useful for
the rare occasion I need to power cycle it remotely.  I usually leave it
sat at the LOM> prompt and not the console as the terminal server it's
connected to isn't break safe.. the LOM will catch the break instead of it
halting the box.

Hope this helps,
Rich.