Re: Envctrl support for E450

David Johnson wrote:
>On Friday 13 May 2005 23:32, Jeff Adams wrote:
>> It's an e450 (of course), 3GB RAM, (3) 4.5 GB drives, (8) 36GB drives
>> (2) 400 Mhz procs (I think), 3 power supplies, dual backplanes, dual
>> controllers, fast ethernet card, and a sun gigabit over fiber network
>> card. We can provide the rackmount sliding tray as well.
>>

>Well I contacted the hardware donations person at Debian and they haven't
>replied, so I can only presume that they don't want it (!), so I don't know
>what to suggest if you can't find a developer who wants it. Maybe the Gentoo
>SPARC people...?
>
>Failing that, just put it on eBay ;-)

Apologies for the lack of response from the hw donations guy - Rob's a
student about to hit exams in the next couple of weeks, and so he's a
little bit occupied... :-)

Re: envctrl support, I have an E450 sat at the end of my desk at work
right now. It's currently installed with Solaris 8, but I dare say I
could get Sarge onto another disk quite easily and have a play...

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.