running Debian on sun4c

Hello,

If I understand correctly, sun4c is not supported by Debian because it
lacks instrictions that speed everything else up. Now, I'd really like
to run Debian on this old SPARCstation IPX I just got, to be able to use
this gigantic screen and very very cool keyboard I got along with it :-)

Now, it seems the only way would be recompiling every package I need
with the appropriate gcc options. Fortunately, I also own a
SPARCstation 10 (which is serial-console only, unfortunately), which
could do the job.

So, is there any hope, in your opinion ?

Also, it's still unclear to me what kernel versions/debian packages are
supposed to support sun4c (both the 2.4 and 2.6 d-i kernels fail to
boot, although not at the same point.) Does anyone know this ?

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>