Re: running Debian on sun4c

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 16:12 +0200, Jeremie Koenig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I understand correctly, sun4c is not supported by Debian because it
> lacks instrictions that speed everything else up. Now, I'd really like
> to run Debian on this old SPARCstation IPX I just got, to be able to use
> this gigantic screen and very very cool keyboard I got along with it :-)

Debian Woody still works fine on an IPX. I used my IPX as a webserver
for a while, see www.petrvz.net/view.php/page/ipx

You might even try your luck with a transitional upgrade-kernel,
http://higgs.djpig.de/upgrade/upgrade-kernel/ and try to upgrade to
Sarge, even though it says that sun4c CPUs are not supported...

Peter