Open kernel-image-2.6.8 bugs on sparc - help needed

Hi,

I have started going through the 2.6.8 kernel bugs in an attempt to clean it up. However, in a few cases I don't have hardware to test it or don't know whether the bug is a real one and just configuration problem. If you have any input on problems described below, please share :-).

* #275037: writing to a parallel port causes kernel oops.
  I was able to reproduce it, however it only happens if parport_pc module
  is loaded. It appears that there are two modules - parport and
  parport_pc. parport_pc seems to be appropriate for the "PC-style"
  parallel port chips and I have no idea whether it should work for
  sparc as well. With just parport module loaded oops is not happening.
  Please comment if you have a setup with working printing via parallel
  port.

  As a first step I tried making sound work :-) (it appears to work fine
  for the submitter). With a 2.6.8-2 kernel on Ultra5 with cs4231 card I
  get the sound using snd-sun-cs4231 module, but it is choppy and
  corrupted (tried using 'play' from sox package to play wavs and mpg321
  to play mp3s). Ironically, alsaplayer fails miserably. I have also tried
  using the latest ALSA development release (1.0.9rc2) from [0], with
  identical results. Hence the question, how does one get working sound,
  if it is possible at all? Comments on the original bug are welcome too,
  there is a seemingly relevant thread on debian-user [1], but no solution
  has been posted there.

* #305691: cg6 framebuffer seems to be screwed with 2.6.8 kernel. On
  Ultra1 with cg6 the colors are wrong on console (yellow instead of
  white in debconf screens for example). Starting X just brings up
  a blank screen and hangs, no visible errors in the log. I remember
  that some fixes for cg6 were mentioned on sparclinux mailing list a
  while ago, but they seems to be relevant for sparc32. Is anyone
  successfully running X with 2.6.8 and cg6? A working XF86Config-4
  file for that setup would be greatly appreciated. With 2.6.10 it just
  blanks the screen immediately after boot even though booting proceeds
  normally.

[0] http://www.alsa-project.org
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/01/msg03044.html

Thanks and best regards,