can't boot

Hi all !

I have recovered an old Sparcstation S20 with an internal SCSI Hard disk of 2,1 Gb.

I have downloaded and created the installation CDs and I have already install linux on this workstation.

At the final step of the installation, when this is the first reboot, my sparc give me an error message about the PROM regarding to the HDD size.

(SILO Buggy old PROMs don't allow reading past 1 GB from start of the disk. Send compains to SMCC)

Sinds two days, I'm looking for a solution on the internet, I finally find an article who explained me how I can solve this issues.

I need to edit the silo.conf file located to my boot partition ...

With the rescue disk, I manage to start a shell, there, I have tried several times to mount the boot partition to be able to edit the silo.conf file, but without any success.

My boot partition is at /dev/sda1, I tried the command

mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /mnt

the command proceed successfully, but when I go to the /mnt directory to find the silo.conf file, when I type the command ls I see nothing ... this is blank

How can I edit this files located in the directory /boot on the disk /dev/sda1 ?

I'm totaly new into the linux universe, and I'm lost.

Thank you for your precious help.

Tanguy