Re: install on Sun Blade 100

Anthony Townsend wrote:

> if i can chime in as a user, not developer... can i count on a nice,
> stable, secure system once i get Debian installed on this box?

Sure, but there are more bugs in sparc than there are in i386.  You may
not notice the same performance and such from other OS's and other
hardware.  For instance, I had debian sparc on my v100.  I noticed *OK*
network throughput and buggy IDE drivers.  They were stable, but slow in
performance and had to run in slower modes because the drivers had bugs
that didn't allow them to work in higher modes.  I installed OpenBSD and
performance was much higher, and stability was second to none.  Just my
2cents.
Brandon