Re: OpenBoot callback function

Ben Collins wrote :
I believe things are passed in an array. I think the reason it is in
mostly asm is because silo is a 32-bit program, and the openboot commands
are expected to be sent in a 64-bit array. So normal C calling conventions
don't mix.

Grub2 can be built as 64bits I think. And the less I use asm, the more easily it could be ported to other OpenFirmware (maybe OpenBot) platforms.

Just copy the p1275 command stuff from silo. It's a simple and clean
interface.

Grub2 is a GNU project, so I can't copy-paste code - or, afaik, the original author would have to sign some kind of copyright assignment. That's why I would highly prefer a doc over source code.

Vincent Pelletier