Re: Fixed X Debian Packages For Allocation Bug #280384

Yes, I know this. Every time I find a problem with X they tell me to
just wait for the next upload. But:

1) X always FTBFS for me from the SVN repo. It takes hours to find out
it's failed. Every time it fails you have to start from the beginning
because it purges all the object files in the source tree.

2) The next upload always seems to take many weeks. Meanwhile those of
us with SPARCs have broken systems that don't run X. Maybe this doesn't
seem like much to a command-line junkie; but, for an everyday user such
as me and some of the rest of us involved, it's a big inconvenience.

I'm not trying to complain, I understand X is hard to develop, that's
perfectly OK. I'm just performing a community service by putting this
where everybody can get to it and trying to help however I can. If
somebody from the X Strike Force would write onto the bug report or
the list when the next upload occurs, then I'll know the files are no
longer needed, and I'll take them down; but, until this happens, they
are staying there for as long as it takes; because, it's my opinion
that it's the Right Thing (TM), and I have bandwidth and disk space
to burn.

--- Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:
<<Please note that Richard's patch has now been accepted into the XFS'
SVN repository, so that with the next X upload fixed packages are going
to be available in unstable.>>