Re: U5 - Sarge with d-i rc2 netinstall failure

Not always true. This can be the sign of a disk that does not have a
proper Sun disk label. If you do not have a proper Sun disk label, you
will not be able to boot the disk, although you still will be able to
mount it if you have PC partition table support in your kernel.

Also, another thing I have learned, fdisk for SPARCs is ancient and
only supports very small (by today's standards) hard disks. Use nothing
other than parted to edit disks with Sun disk labels or you will be
sorry you didn't.

No offense meant btw, it's just a couple of possibilities to keep in
mind.