Re: XFree crashing on kernel 2.4.28

   You raise several good points. I believe I can answer one of them,

> 2) Why does Admar Schoonen's work-around (using the debug server)
> function properly? I think it's supremely ironic that the debug build
> doesn't have the bug. LOL.

   If it's really, as I suspect, the binary loader malfunctioning,
then this is what I'd expect. The debug build is statically linked, or
so it says: I assume this means that the binary module loader isn't in
use, and everything's linked in to one huge executable. If so, then it
doesn't surprise me that it'd work.

Ron Murray   (rjmx@rjmx.net)
GPG Public Key Fingerprint: F2C1 FC47 5EF7 0317 133C  D66B 8ADA A3C4 D86C 74DE