Re: XFree crashing on kernel 2.4.28

At Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:29:26 +0100,
"Jurzitza, Dieter" <DJurzitza@harmanbecker.com> wrote:

> Dear listmembers,
> the latest information on my side comparing an strace - output of XFree86. Thanks to Admar who gave the hint moving XFree86 to XFree86.bin and doing a strace /usr/bin/X11/XFree86.bin out of the script /usr/bin/X11/XFree86.
> XFree86 segfaults during startup. That's about all you get out of the straces - but someone of you might see even more.
> As always, U60 - SMP @ 360 MHz, 512 MB of ram, Debian Sarge booting a vanilla kernel.
> Thank you for any feedback.

   I added some more information to bug #280384 yesterday (I think
this is probably the same problem). Briefly, it appears to be some
strange problem with the binary loader that only seems to affect later
2.4 and 2.6 kernels. I think that it's going to take someone much more
familiar with the X code than I to take it much further.

 .....Ron

--
Ron Murray   (rjmx@rjmx.net)
http://www.rjmx.net/~ron