Re: sound configuration

Neil said:
> Hey guys,
>
> It worked now. I rebooted my machine and was able to follow the
> settings in  /etc/default/audioctl
>
> I'm just wondering that when changing contents of /etc/default/audioctl
> and  you just rmmod and insmod the modules, sound starts coming out of
> the  default speaker. What is the proper way of reloaded the sound
> drivers?
>
> Btw, I'm using cs4231 and audio devices and it's working great.

Well, on my SparcClassic reloading the modules is not necessary at all -
audioctl works out of the box. But could you tell me which modules exactly
you are using (is alsa involved) for the cs4231? I am facing the same
problems as you did, on a SunBlade 1000 (UltraSparc III, 2.6.8-sparc64)
and  I cant't actually find a way to get audio running on Linux - on
Solaris 10 the onboard audio works pretty good, and I don't want to miss
it on Linux.