Re: Ultra2 Booting problem

On Friday November 26 2004 6:34 am, Carlos Emir M. Macedo wrote:
>         Walt,
>
>         I had the same problem a few days ago. There are erros at your
> silo.conf.

Small problem; I am not getting a silo prompt. The prompt I get is: "{0} ok".
I believe the silo prompt will say "boot". I did the "boot 2/boot/vmlinuz" you
indicated below.  I also tried variations of it, ie:  boot 1/boot/vmlinuz. No
help! The lines below is what I got each time. (The first line is what I
entered at the prompt.)

{0} ok boot 2/boot/vmlinuz
Boot device: /sbus/SUNW, fas@e,8800000/sd@3,0 File and args: boot 2/boot/
vmlinuz
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
{0} ok

(The "vmlinuz" is on the next line because of Kmail's line wrap.)
Above is what is being displayed on my Untra2's screen.

Is there any other possibilities??

I supose I could provide the contents of my nvram. Would this help?
I haven't bothered it as I am not overly sure what all the commands
do, and I don't want to completely disable this machine. I have been
doing some reading from various web sites on the subject of nvram
settings. There is a boot-file variable. What if I set this to the kernel?
(vmlinuz)

I am open to any ideas, comments, ramblings, and maybe even insults.
I have this machine so I can learn about it. It looks like I going to get my
wish. I will need help. Sun hardware has the reputation of being bullet proof.

Regards
Walt L. Williams

FYI: I downloaded Solaris 10 tried to load only to have the install tell
me that my "UltraSPARC I processors are supported by this release
by the release of Solaris."  Great more wasted CDs.