Re: E250, Raptor gfx, kernel 2.6: questions...

At Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:14:02 -0800 (PST),
<foo_bar_baz_boo-deb@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think you will find my bug at the following URL to be relevant to
> your situation. Please have a look at my strace64 output and let me
> know what you think. Also, please add any potentially relevant comments
> to the docket. Hopefully if multiple users report this, the X Strike
> Force will finally take action against it. Thanks in advance for your
> assistance with this.

   Thanks. The linux kernel pm2fb maintainer also pointed that one out
to me. It looks very similar to what I see, although there are some
differences. For a start, I'm not running udev. Do you still get the
problem with udev turned off?

   Mine also crashes immediately after loading the pcidata module, but
I don't get the "Caught signal 11" error: it just stops with a blank
screen. Switching to another virtual console and back again gets me
back to my session, and it shows that X stopped with a "peer
disconnected" error (or something like that: haven't yet written down
the exact error).

   It certainly does look like we have basically the same problem
though.

   I'm doing some debugging of my own. Yesterday I built the X
packages with some trace statements inbuilt, so I can get some idea of
where it's going in the PCI initialisation stuff. I'll try it tomorrow
when I get back to work (it's a holiday here today), and I'll see what
happens. I'll post back the results.

 .....Ron

--
Ron Murray   (rjmx@rjmx.net)