Re: Re: Problems with Sarge Install on Sparcstation 5

I agree, this looks like a kernel issue.  I looked over the 2.4.27 kernel
changelog.  Nothing in the changelog points to a module level change that
might cause this type of problem.  I downloaded a copy of the 2.4.27 kernels
source tree.  Once again there do not seem to be modifications to the SPARC
source tree (BIG ASSUMPTION HERE that the problem is in the SPARC side of the
kernel source tree.) that would cause a problem in the kernel.  If I have to
guess, this may be a kernel configuration problem.  I looked at the kernel
configuration options I came across a kernel configuration flag
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR_VENDOR.  This flag enables the use of vendor specific SCSI
commands.  These are needed to support multisession CD's for old Toshibia
drives.  (Given the vintage of my Sparcstation 5 the Toshibia drive is likely
to be "old".)  I tried to locate the 2.4.27 kernel configuration file on my
installation CD but failed to find it.  I would like to do a diff between the
2.4.26 and 2.4.27 kernel configuration files to see if the problem is related
to how the kernels were configured.  Is is possible to get a copy of these
configuration files?