Re: Unidentified subject!

<snip>
> So I'm looking for cheaper alternatives. The box doesn't need to have a very high
> availability, so I think I could manage with standard drives. Unfortunately I have no
> idea which kind of bus-system I should chose. Did anyone manage to get either Firewire
> (IEEE 1394) or Serial ATA controllers/drives to work? Any advice which controllers are
> supported by Kernel 2.4.27?
Check the archives.  This was discussed (at length) a few months back.
In short some ATA controllers work, lots of firewire stuff does (because
one of their head developers is also a Debian/SPARC developer) but no
one has really tried SATA.  Or something like that.  Depending on how
much you're looking to spend - might some of the ATA/SCSI converters be
worth a look?

Sweet Dreams,
 - Martin

--