Unidentified subject!

Hi everyone,

I finally managed to get our Enterprise Ultra 450 up and running, but now I face the
next probl^Wchallenge: I'm running out of disk space. I'd prefer to just plug in a
couple of additional SCSI-drives, but I'm quite sure that I won't be able to convince
the powers that be to spend the necessary money.
So I'm looking for cheaper alternatives. The box doesn't need to have a very high
availability, so I think I could manage with standard drives. Unfortunately I have no
idea which kind of bus-system I should chose. Did anyone manage to get either Firewire
(IEEE 1394) or Serial ATA controllers/drives to work? Any advice which controllers are
supported by Kernel 2.4.27?

Thanks a lot for any advice and experiences, Merdad

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.xmail.net Web E-Mail, accessible anywhere, 128 bit SSL Secure

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing,
XMail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, Private Disk Storage,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

XMail Premium: 20 - 250MB Storage, 20MB Messages, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Starting at $9.95 per year
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com