RE: Issues with netboot for Sarge on Netra X1

Kenneth,

Even though the X1 doesn't have a cd-rom drive, if you open up the case you can replace one of the hard drives with one while you install, you can replace the second HDD when done. The hardware seems to be pretty fussy about the exact models, I had to try several before I came across a suitable one (a MIDA LTN-382). This will open up your installation possibilities, and a whole new can of worms, but I have managed to get Sarge on an X1 in this way.

HTH,

Rich