Re: sarge upgrade -> root mounts readonly

> > mount: you must specify the filesystem type
>
> Known bug, look at the march/april archive of this list for the (easy)
> fix that will make your box boot again.
>

> Then upgrade the kernel. ;)

thanks for your help! i found the following work around in the march
archives.

% mount -o remount /dev/hda1
% init 2
% /etc/init.d/networking start

this fixes things until the next reboot.  however, what kernel should I
upgrade to to fix the problem?  i rolled a 2.4.26, but it gave me another,
equally unappealing, error in the boot process (below):

fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda5
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2.
If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and
not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and
you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>