Sunblade 1500 and Sarge Installer

I’ve just spent the last week reading through the archives and trying various methods to get debian on my Sunblade 1500.

At this point I have still not succeeded, but am getting closer.

I read through May’s (May 2004) list and came across two mini-iso images that I was finally able to boot from without initrd issues.

http://june.voxel.net/~joshk/mini.iso

            --Boots, but Kernel Panic on mounting rootfs.

http://june.voxel.net/~joshk/d-i/images/2004-06-04/cdrom-mini.iso

            --Makes it through initrd, but when loading kernel it reboots.

I have tried appending the rootfstype=ext2 option to the first iso, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.  I was wondering if there was any more information on this issue, or if a novice like myself could be of any assistance to the folks that are working on this.

Ryan Terry