Re: PROM upgrade running Debian?

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 04:26:42PM +0200, Alfredo Sola wrote:

> > > not the case with the X1s (and presumably more newer boxes).
>
> > > 	I'd say that the only way would be to have a netbootable Solaris and use
> > > it for this task.
>
> > I've upgraded my Blade 100's PROM using this method. Not sure why it
> > isn't working for you.
>
> 	Can you look up the patch name you used?
>
> 	I have 111952-03, which unzips a README and a script called
> Update.to.flapjack_lite.4.0.18@OS.

That's a patch for the netra x1, so I wouldn't be able to test that. I
did get 111179-8 for the Blade 100 though. After unzipping it, I was
left with an executable that I could netboot.

I also downloaded the x1 prom update, and sure enough, it's totally
different from the old method. The flashprom.{32,64}bit programs seem to
be the same (netbootable), but the obp/post data is actually in a
seperate file. Kind of sucks.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/