Re: PROM upgrade running Debian?

> > > Actually, just unpack the patch, grab the executable that upgrades the
> > > flash and netboot it. You don't need to run it under Solaris.

> Oh, you have to run shar on that script to extract the executable.

	Ah, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, the procedure is not the same for the
X1/Blade 100 as for the rest of the Sun boxes. I am now upgrading an Ultra 5
and, indeed, you boot the upgrader that does the job; that is not the case
with the X1s (and presumably more newer boxes).

	I'd say that the only way would be to have a netbootable Solaris and use it
for this task.

	Thanks anyway!

--
Alfredo Sola