Re: audio output on sun blade 100

> Is it possible to change the output device in linux on a sun blade 100?
> If so, how?
All right, this was a user error. With aumix I can mute the built in
speaker (connected to PhoneOut) and I have to set Vol and Pcm almost
completely open. Then I can listen to some mp3's played with mpg321
(using OSS emulation of ALSA).

However, I can't use alsa directly - none of the programs can open the
audiodevice, eg:
$ alsamixer
alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Invalid argument
$

It looks like a 64 bit issue, as someone with an AMD64 seems to have the
same problem.
http://www.x86-64.org/lists/discuss/msg03978.html

Now, I do have support for 32 bit sound emulation
(CONFIG_SND_BIT32_EMUL=m), but when I load that module, and then try to
open the sound device, the whole machine freezes and I have to reboot.

Does anybody have any ideas how to get this issue resolved any further?
And if I should file a bug, where / how should I do that?

Admar