Re: Can't boot linux on sun blade 2000

Alexey Nezhdanov declared on Tuesday 13 April 2004 12:09 am:
> current linux kernel. And I can not try 2.6 kernel since nobody agreed
> to mail me a compiled binary (Oh well - I know this is serious risk to

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can't get 2.6 to boot on any Sun
thing I've got that I've tried it on, which has only been an Ultra 30,
U60, and Cycle quad-proc (E450 in an U2 case) Ultrasparc-II.

Has anyone gotten a version of 2.6 to boot on any Ultrasparc hardware?
I've been using the latest kernel (2.6.0 through 2.6.4) with the latest
toolchain in testing to compile it, yet it doesn't boot... the last time
I tried it, it spit out a bunch of whitespace to my serial console, and
then froze the machine (couldn't break back to OpenBoot).

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        --- http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/