Re: kernal-source package for sparc?

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 09:15:52AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 06:02:00PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > You have to support that ones caused by your patches :)
> >
> > You can't expect me to field bug reports caused by patches that I didn't
> > create. Users can surely expect you to field bugs caused by the patches
> > you allow into your package though.
>
> Well unless there is some way for me to determine that there aren't
> patches in your source package that are needed on top of the upstream
> kernel source, then I can't support your architecture.

THe only patches I put it are related to supporting newer hardware.
Things that are probably in 2.4.25-preX I pull so that we can support
things like cheetah, III/III+ etc.

There's nothing there that is needed in order to compile or use the
kernels.

> I can't support any architecture that don't build out-of-the-box
> with the upstream source.

It always has, and always will. THat has never changed.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/