Re: kernal-source package for sparc?

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:06:46PM -0800, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> Ben Collins is indeed correct.  The source package for
> kernel-iamge-2.4.24-sparc64 dose build-dep on the debian kernel-source
> pkgs.  However Herbert Xu is also correct as that source pkg dose contain
> patches too, that are not maintained by him.
>
> I would think that the small number of sparc only patches would make there
> way into Herbert's tree.  Since thay don't look like thay would break any
> other arch.  It could be SOP to reassign any sparc build bug to
> kernel-image-sparc pkgs.

Not to mention that a lot of the patches in Xu's sources breaks sparc
builds, so I wont accept any bugs about stock kernel-source-2.4.24 not
building on sparc.

Generally I build-dep on the stock source, and usually back out any
patches that Xu has applied, and then re-apply patches for sparc (which
I am not sending to Xu because then we have a two layer maintainership,
which is a bitch).

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/