Re: kernal-source package for sparc?

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 09:06:02AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:45:34PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > Not to mention that a lot of the patches in Xu's sources breaks sparc
> > builds, so I wont accept any bugs about stock kernel-source-2.4.24 not
> > building on sparc.
> >
> > Generally I build-dep on the stock source, and usually back out any
> > patches that Xu has applied, and then re-apply patches for sparc (which
> > I am not sending to Xu because then we have a two layer maintainership,
> > which is a bitch).
>
> Fine, I won't support any bugs reported by Sparc users then.

You have to support that ones caused by your patches :)

You can't expect me to field bug reports caused by patches that I didn't
create. Users can surely expect you to field bugs caused by the patches
you allow into your package though.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/