Re: IPX & sarge

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 02:40, Mauricio wrote:
> 	Would sarge work in my IPX?  If not, what would happen if I
> had installed woody in my IPX and then changed "stable" to "testing"
> in /etc/apt/sources.list?

I never had much luck with upgrading my IPX to Sarge with apt-get, so I
was eager to try out the new Debian installer beta 3 which comes with a
release for Sparc. I burned
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/sparc/beta3/sarge-sparc-businesscard.iso
and booted from it, but after booting the kernel it hangs with a
kernelpanic and the message
VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00
Press L1-A to return to the boot prom.

After trying again with the argument linux root=/dev/sda1 it proceeds to
boot into my existing Woody install, but not into the Debian installer.
If there isn't something obvious that I am overlooking I will file an
installation report.

Peter