SS5 install progressing, but have a question...

Title: Message
Okay, I've managed to get my SS5 to boot and start installing the system.  However, when I went to boot the live system after the base is installed, I've hit my next snag.  I had to set up the ever popular /boot partition due to the 1gig bug, and Debian didn't correctly configure the system to boot with this.  So, since it was still looking for silo.conf in /etc, I'm stuck at a boot prompt.  I know I can specify the name of the kernel image and the root partition, but I don't know what the name of the kernel image is.  So, please help me with this information!  Either that or was there a step I missed in the install that would have allowed me to set it up correctly?  I'm connecting through a serial console, and I don't think the alt-f keys work, but I'm not sure.  I don't mind starting over again at this point, but would like to rescue this system if I can!  Thanks for the help!

Bob Schaefer

ProQuest Automotive
a subsidiary of ProQuest Business Solutions
3900 Kinross Lakes Parkway
Richfield, OH 44286
Phone: 330-659-1842
work: robert.schaefer@pbs.proquest.com
Home: bschaefer1@neo.rr.com
"Where's the Kaboom? There's supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!" - Marvin Martian "Hare-Way to the Stars"