Re: Losing my mind, RAID1 on Sparc completely broken?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:18:11AM +1000, Adam Conrad wrote:
> Antonio Prioglio wrote:
> >
> > You need to leave the block 0 alone and start the partitions
> > on block 1.
> >
> > It is a known issue on sparcs.
>
> It's my understanding that SILO needs to be installed to a partition
> that begins on cylinder 0, or it won't boot.  Regardless, I fail to see
> how this could be affecting a RAID on partitions later on the disks.

Which kernel version are you using?  IIRC there are bugs in 2.4.18 WRT
the md code.  When I had md working on sparc (I no longer use md) I
believe I got it working with 2.4.21, so any recent kernel should do.
My Ultra 60 is currently running 2.4.25+debian+ben's patches and it
seems to be happy.

Good luck,

  No.