RE: BootP problems with Netra T1 (ARP/RARP)

Okidoki,

I have had the following tipo-off (thanks very much):

"Thats a simple problem. Openboot looks for a specific file, its a hash
of the mac address or something. I never learned how to predict it, so I
just look at what file the machine requests from the TFTP server. It
should be in the TFTP logs."

So, what I did was simple. I went to
"http://www.ccie.org.uk/resources/hexconv.php"; and entered the Netra's IP
Address and got my hex number. I then took off the first two digits and
there I had it, my file name. So, thankyou all very much for you e-mails,
and thanks Leith for your time and help :) Very much appreciated !

Thanks and Best Regards !!!

Neil

P.S. : Just to share, here are my links for you all to solve this issue some
time in the future for another newbie.

Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.23 TFTP Boot Image
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/3.0.23-2002-05-21/s
un4u/tftpboot.img

Devin's how to install Debian on a Netra T1
http://devin.com/debian/debian-on-netra.html

Cabletron TFTP/BootP Server
ftp://ftp.enterasys.com/pub/snmp/boottftp/boottft2.zip

Lew Perin's RARP Server
http://www.panix.com/~perin/

Hex-Decimal-Binary-IP_Addr Converter
http://www.ccie.org.uk/resources/hexconv.php