Re: BootP problems with Netra T1 (ARP/RARP)

Neil,

I would guess that "Cabletron TFTP/BootP Services" does not function as a RARP daemon. As the informative error message stated, Openboot likes RARP to get an IP. I am not aware of availability of a rarpd for windows, but I'm sure google would be more than helpful.

Regards,

Leith

--

Neil D. Roberts wrote:
Hi Sparc Users !

Above all, sorry if this problem has been responded to before. If so, I

I'm a little new with Sparc systems, so I have run into some real newby
problems. I am trying *or would like* to set up Debian on a Netra T1 105 but
have run into a beauty of a problem. Anyway, I have specified the Netra to
boot from the net and I keep on getting a message saying "Timeout waiting
for ARP/RARP packet". The "Net0" port is connected through a crossover cable
to a Windows XP box running Cabletron TFTP/BootP Services. I have included
the mac address along with an IP address and the tftpboot.img location for
it to respond to the Netra, but nothing happens. I have tested the crossover
cable. The network seems to be up. But I can't seem to solve the kickstart
of it all :( I suppose the answer to this would be to use the bootp services
of a linux box, but unfortunately I can't get my hands on one at the moment.
Any ideas on this one ?

Thanks and regards !

Neil