Some (I hope) useful infos from your local Sparc guy :)

Hi there,
I have a couple of news for today..
First, if you own an Ultra5, or Ultra10, with a limited amount of RAM, you can
use, instead of buying Sun memory modules (that aren't exactly cheap), Compaq
EDO DIMMs for Compaq ProLiant 3000 servers, I tested those with part number
No: 228471-001 and it worked like a breeze (2x128 Mb modules). They mix up
without hassles with original Sun modules, at least on my Ultra10, but I
think it's reasonable enough to extend this feature to the Ultra5, and
probably Ultra30, Ultra60 series.
I still feel that an U10 is quite painful to get to work as a everyday
workstation but it's extremely stable (6 months uptime with peaks of 1500
connections), silent and does still her job as a small LAN server. I never
saw a dual-headed server with no X before, but whatever :)

Now, the bad news:
2.6.3 kernel does not compile on the U10, gcc screams that "-pg and
--fomit-frame-pointer are incompatible" and the whole thing ends there.
I'm using Unstable, with gcc-3.3.3 (Debian's), kernel-source-2.6.3 (also
Debian's), latest kernel-package and all the standard tools. 2.6.0-test11
used ocompile on the same machine, I believe it's a kernel-package related
thing.

Bye
Antonello