Re: Network card problem: carrier lost

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Clint Adams wrote:

> > Some later sun cards and systems have a openboot option to enable card
> > addresses, but I think your system predates this.
>
> I doubt it.
> The relevant setting is local-mac-address?=true

I don't think so.
When I`d tried to solve my "original" problem, I tried to set this
variable to true and false also (reseting machine between tests using
reset command).

But it's value was irrelevant in point of ethernet address.
Even local-mac-address? was true or false, both of two eth cards' address
remained equals.

I don't know what this parameter does?
I thought your opinion before, but it doesn't do it.

Jana