Re: Network card problem: carrier lost

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Blars Blarson wrote:

> Sun follows the ethernet standard, where the ethernet address is
> assigned to the system, not the card.
Wow, I didn't know that.
It seems that I dealt with IBM PC only before. :-)

> Lance cards are 10 megabit, are you trying to hook it to a 100 megabit
> only hub?
Auauauauau. Yes, you are right.
I haven't seen 10Megabit only card for five years. :-)

I tried to connect this card to my PC (with 10/100 eth card) using
cross-cable. It works.

The only "cosmetical" problem: When I'd tried to ping the "otherside" PC,
the following log is created (only once):

eth1: Carrier Lost, trying TPE

I don't understand this log (here), but the card works.

Thank you!

Bye,
Jana