Power-off on UltraSPARC 10

Hi,

I recently installed Debian (stable) on a UltraSPARC 10. I downloaded
the kernel sources for kernel 2.4.24, configured and compiled them and
I'm happily running them. There is one problem, however: If I do
'poweroff', the machine doesn't get switched off, but it returns to the
'ok' prompt, so I have to type power-off to really shut it down. This is
a nuisance, since the machine is headless, and without keyboard and
mouse.

I googled and found that there was a power-off problem with
kernels<2.4.20, so mine should be OK. Is there anything I misconfigured
in my kernel, or should I update some other package?

Thanks for the help!

Koen Vermeer