Installation Problem

Hello,

I am attempting to install Debian 3.0 r1 on a E450 UltraSparc II.

Everything seems to go fine but I do get an error. The error happens right after I select to option to "Configure Device Driver Modules". The error is : "cannot create /proc/sys/kernel/modporbe : directory nonexistent".

I am allowed to continue to I continue through the rest of the installation process and restart. Upon restart I get this error: "the file just loaded does not appear to be executable".

Now I am not sure if the first error is what is causing the second error. I am new to SPARC/Solaris but not new to Linux. I've used Linux (RedHat) extensively but not Debian and not on SPARC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex