Re: 2.6 kernel packages available

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 03:46:22PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> http://www.phunnypharm.org/pub/for/sparc-folks/kernel-images-2.6/
>
> Let me know how these do. Once 2.6.2 goes final, they will be uploaded
> to the archive. These are based on 2.6.2-rc3, and they do require
> silo-1.4.4.
>
> --
> Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
> Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/
> Subversion - http://subversion.tigris.org/
> WatchGuard - http://www.watchguard.com/

Ben,

I tried the above kernel out on my Ultra 10 and the machine boots fine.
I can ssh into it and everything seems to be running just fine.  During
boot, it stops showing stuff on my framebuffer after the following line:

Console: switching to mono PROM 80x34

I'm using the Creator3D card as the console.

Also, the local keyboard (sun keyboard) doesn't work at all with this
kernel.

I've gotten 2.6.2 compiled on my own, and it boots fine.  When I get to
the login, it seems that the keyboard mapping is very screwed up.

Any suggestions?