Re: Issues installing on a SPARCServer 1000E

On Wednesday 14 Jan 2004 9:27 pm, Paul Hedderly wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 03:40:19PM +0000, Martin wrote:
> > > SPARCserver 1000E which Debian supposedly supports. Information on the
> >
> > 3. Get a team of people together and get Linux support in later versions
> > for them.  Last time this was mentioned quite a few people here said
> > they would be happy to help but no-one had the time to /start/ the
> > project.  It would give Linux one up on NetBSD though... :-)

How much real interest is there in this? Worth setting up a mailing list?

I'm not a developer so can't help in a practical way, but I'm happy to offer
resources such as a list, wiki or whatever. Plus I'd be happy to put one of
these machines on the net for people to work on remotely if that's helpful
(running Solaris).

It'd be a shame for Sun4d to continue being unsupported.

David.